The Council for Technical Education and Vocational Training (CTEVT) constituted in 1989 (2045 BS) is a national autonomous apex body of Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) sector committed for the production of technical and skillful human resources required to the nation. It mainly involves in policy formulation, quality control, preparation of competency based curriculum, developing skill standards of various occupations and testing the skills of the people, conduct various research studies and training needs assessment etc.
It has an assembly consisting of 24 members and a governing board known as Council comprising nine members. Minister of Education chairs both the Assembly and the Council. The Council has a full time Vice-Chairperson and a Member-Secretary.
Skilling Nepal for People's Prosperity
CTEVT is a vibrant organization promoting TVET system to develop a competent workforce for national and international market needs
In order to achieve and attain the mission and vision, CTEVT has set the following six goals:
1. Expand TVET programs for ensuring access and equity
2. Ensure quality, relevant and efficient TVET system
3. Enhance effectiveness and efficiency of CTEVT management
4. Establish NVQF to ensure its compatibility with education framework
5. Extend technical input to establish TVET Fund
6. Establish effective coordination with and among TVET Stakeholders